Any data obtained through our cookies is used exclusively to understand your use of our website, with a view to improving the performance, functionalities, and usability of our website.
Generally, a cookie is a small text and numeric file that we send and store in your web browser, on your mobile device and/or on your computer’s hard disk. This allows us to remember your preferences when using our website (e.g. your language selection, preferences with regard to sorting, etc.) unless you have adjusted your browser settings in order to reject cookies. Cookies allow the website’s functioning but may also collect information for commercial purposes.
Types of cookies
Cookies can be categorised according to their origin, function, and lifespan:
Categorised according to their origin, one can distinguish between cookies managed by our company on the one hand, and cookies managed by other companies which administrate that management on our behalf, on the other hand. We do not use third party cookies which allow those third parties to use the obtained date for their own purpose.
Categorised according to their function, there are
- Essential or strictly necessary cookies, which are (as their name indicates) necessary to use a website, to provide certain functions requested by you and to ensure a safe identity verification;
- Functional cookies, which are cookies that ensure the proper functioning of our website. They help to remember your choices and preferences on our website (e.g. cookies for log-in or registration, language preferences, products in your shopping cart). Functional cookies are logically first-party cookies;
- Cookies with statistic/analytic purposes (also called ‘performance cookies’) allow us to count visitors and their origins to measure and improve the performance of our website. They help us understand which pages are the most and least popular and how visitors move throughout the website (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar).
- Cookies with social purposes, which make it possible for the user to share the content of the visited website directly with others via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Whatsapp).
- Cookies with targeting/tracking purposes, which allow to follow the surfing behaviour of visitors and build up a profile based on your surfing behaviour, as a result of which the displayed advertisements are tailored to your interests (Facebook). It is mandatory to request and obtain permission for such cookies.
- Cookies with commercial purposes keep track of how many and which advertisements were shown to a user.
Cookies can also be categorised according to their lifespan. Here, we distinguish between:
- Permanent cookies: These cookies remain on the user’s device for the duration determined in the cookie. They are activated each time the user visits the website that has placed the cookie (e.g. cookies placed by social media such as Facebook, Google Analytics, etc.). Most non-functional cookies are permanent cookies.
- Session cookies: These cookies allow us to simplify and link a user’s actions during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser screen and ends when they close the browser screen. Session cookies are placed temporarily. As soon as you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted. Most functional cookies are session cookies.
Find below the management, function, and lifespan for each cookie.
Google Analytics: policies.google.com/technologies.
Remove or disable cookies
You can find additional and useful information about cookies at allaboutcookies.org and youronlinechoices.com.
Do you have any further questions?